The Sheridan Fire Protection District is located in Sheridan Illinois. The District provides Fire Suppression and EMS Service for the Village of Sheridan, Sheridan Correctional Center and rural areas around the Village. The District is approximately 12-14 square miles, with boundaries to the West at the Fox River, to the East at E2650th, to the South at Route 52 and to the North at N4375th Road.
The Sheridan Fire District also provides EMS Coverage to the Serena Fire District which encompasses approximated 120 square miles also.
The Department has a roster on regular basis of between 15-25 members, which include Firefighters, EMTs and Cadets.
The Department currently runs with one (1) Engine, one (1) Brush Truck, one (1) Water Tender, one (1) Equipment Trailer and two (2) ALS Ambulances. We currently have four (4) Paramedics, two (2) Intermediate EMT’s and eight (8) EMT Basics along with two (2) Cadets currently. All EMTs are crossed trained in Firefighting also.
The Sheridan Fire Department currently provides 24-hour coverage, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are able to do it with all part time help at this time. We have two (2) paid Firefighter/EMTs on duty from 7 am to 7 pm. From 7 pm to 7 am, and have two (2) Firefighters/EMTs On Call.
2020 Major Accomplishments at Sheridan
- Purchased twelve (12) new SCBA Units $76,538.00
- New Computer System $15,553.00 including five (5) new Desktop computers with three (3) laptops
- Installed Station Security Camera System
- Picked up NEW 2020 Horton Ambulance from Foster Coach in Sterling May 29th, cost $305,000.00
- Sold 2002 Med Tec Ambulance for $16,000.00
- Sold Stryker Cot for $5,000.00
- Replaced handicap side walk pads for Cost of Concrete Only. Cooper and Corbin Westvig donated their time to get the work done
405 N. Bushnell Street
P.O. Bo 508 (mailing address)
Sheridan, IL 60551
(815) 496-2296 Non-emergency
DIAL 911 for EMERGENCY
(815) 496-3401 Fax